Hey All

Still dialing in the 33. When cruising around town, I get a solid sounding thump somewhere in the front, not sure where, I don't feel it in the steering wheel so I don't think it's control arms or steering rack. This thing is stiff as a board and I almost feels like I'm not getting a lot of dampening from the front shocks.

In the pics I show the car so you get an idea of the set up (full fenders / running board) and I show a shot of the front & rear shocks.

On the front, you'll see that I have my shocks inverted for easy adjustment so I know I'm opening up a can of worms with that discussion but it is what it is. You'll also notice I have the adjustment collar about 1/3" of the way up on the threads. With full fenders this gives me about 2.5" of clearance between the fender and the tire. I've never had tire rub on the front so maybe I'm too aggressive on my setting.

My "theory" on the front is with the 400# spring in the front, and my adjustment on the spring collar to prevent possible tire rub and my lighter engine (SBF 302), I'm thinking my "thump" I'm hearing in the front may be that I'm just too stiff (I have not tried backing off the spring adjustment yet), or the other theory of course is by inverting the shocks they are just not working.

On the rear, you'll see in the pic that I am almost up to the top of the adjustment collar. Anything lower than that I get serious tire rub, especially with a passenger. Even as it is, on huge bumps in the road or potholes I still get minor tire rub even with this adjustment.

As far as rims / tires I'm running FFR's Bonneville wheel / tire package they offer (Front = 245/40R18; Rear = 305/35R20)

Questions:
1) What are folk's thoughts on the front? Am I causing my own issue with my adjustments? Or possibly the shocks being inverted?
2) Since I'm only running a SBF 302, and it seems like I need a little more lift in the rear, should I swap the 250# springs from the rear to the front and move the 400# springs to the rear?

20210725_104429.jpg 20210810_054509.jpg 20210810_063259.jpg

Thanks

Jim