I’ve both seen threads that inquired about this and received PMs asking for measurements about how much space there is in the trans tunnel with the T56 mated with a coyote. In this thread I document the measurements of my install. I hope this helps!

P.S. If there are any measurements you’d like me to take that aren't documented in this thread, please reply to this thread and I’ll edit the posts with the measurements you need.

Setup:
  • T56 Magnum + Gen 3 Coyote engine.
  • I’ve not installed the transmission mounting spacers yet, but I used my floor jack to get the transmission to the correct height and left-right alignment. AFAIK, this is the same as what the final setup would be with the spacers.
  • I have removed the default e-brake handle mount as it collides with the transmission. (The T56 is a big boi.)

Glossary:
Shift cover: The red cover that the shifter comes out of.
Trans front: The body of the transmission to the front of the car; closer to the engine.
Trans rear: The body of the transmission to the rear of the car; away from the engine.
Trans tail: The thin tail of the transmission where the drive shaft is inserted.
Top side tunnel: The bottom surface of the top truss structure tubes.
Driver side tunnel: The passenger side surface of the driver side truss structure tubes.
Passenger side tunnel: The driver side surface of the passenger side truss structure tubes.

Measurements:

Driver side tunnel to Shift cover: 73mm
Driver side tunnel to Trans front: 76mm
Driver side tunnel to Trans rear: 42mm
driver_to_shift_cover.jpg driver_to_trans_front.jpg driver_to_trans_rear.jpg

Passenger side tunnel to Shift cover: 44.5mm
Passenger side tunnel to Trans front: No good place to measure, too little space.
Passenger side tunnel to Trans rear: 45mm
passenger_to_shift_cover.jpg passenger_to_trans_rear.jpg

Top side tunnel to shift cover: 20mm
Top side tunnel to Trans front: 53mm
Top side tunnel to Trans tail: 73mm
top_to_shift_cover.jpg top_to_trans_front.jpg top_to_trans_tail.jpg

General Notes:
The shifter rubber boot practically touches the middle truss member. Trans front has a lot of space on the driver side, but not much on the passenger side. Near the shift cover however, there is about equal space between driver side and passenger side of the transmission.
passenger_side_room.jpg shifter_tight_fit.jpg