Let me add something to that title..."without a lot of fibreglass work".

I haven't spent a lot of time on the car lately, but trying to get back to it now. One problem is that after spending hundreds of hours on the doors (including the door windows), they still fit like crap. I can't see that I've done anything wrong, but how do you get around this:

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 6.34.28 PM.jpg

The door gap is reasonable here. This is about Honda Civic gap, so nothing to brag about, but pretty good. My wife's Civic was right beside me so I did a quick check.

But when the door opens, I get hard rubbing of the door skin on the body:

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 6.34.50 PM.jpg

The door skin is too thin to grind anything more off it. So the only solution, without major fibreglass work, is to increase the gap to eliminate the rub. True?

The driver's side is worse. I need a gap of about 1/2" to eliminate any rub when opening the door; allowing just under 1/8" clearance when opening to allow for movement and paint. That's ridiculous!

I could open the gap to that amount, then build up a fibreglass lip on the outside of the door panel to reduce the visible gap. But I really don't want to get into that.

So please tell me I'm doing something wrong. Please tell me that F5 has improved doors since I built my first Cobra from them over 20 years ago and struggled with the doors. Please tell me that they haven't designed a door where the gap disappears as the door opens.

Thank you,

Rick