Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: TxMike's Quad33 Build #1094

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

TxMike's Quad33 Build #1094

I've been lurking on this forum for ages, observing, researching, learning... preparing for the day I get to start building my own FFR 33 Hot Rod. I've enjoyed following along with everyone's build threads, and even never having spoken a single word to any of you all, you are all familiar to me. Now I get to start my own build thread! I've wanted to build one of these cars ever since FFR introduced them, but never felt like I was in a place financially to do it (probably being too cautious). So I had been searching for a partially completed kit, hoping to get a break on the price, and maybe get past the thousands of rivets (ha!). About 3 weeks ago I ran across a very brief ad on racingjunk with a really good price, so sent a message. Turns out a gentleman ordered a Stage 1 kit, started assembling the kit, then unexpectedly passed away. His widowed wife and best friend are cleaning out his shop and selling stuff for closure and to move on. They are wonderful people, great to work with, and were very helpful throughout the sale and shipping of the kit. Getting to know them, and getting a feeling for who the original purchaser was, I'm grateful to get the opportunity to build this car. It seems he and I had a similar dream and vision for the car. On to the kit details:

Factory Five '33 Hot Rod chassis #1094
    Stage 1 Kit
    Gen 1.5 frame
    Powder Coat Frame Satin Black
    LS Installation Kit
    Hydraulic Clutch Kit
    31 Spline Chevy TKO
    2015 IRS
    Spread Rear Exhaust
    Sound Insulation Kit
    Chrome Tilt Steering Column
    Electric Power Steering
    EFI In-Tank Fuel System
    Hot Rod A/C Kit
    IRS 13" Brake Kit
    2015 IRS Center Section and Spindles
    34034 FFR Gauge Cluster
    Leather Roadster Seat Upgrade
    Seat Tracks
    FFR Floor Mats

The first things I need to do are inventory the parts, and identify the hardware. This is proving to be a bit of a challenge due to the fact that quite a bit of this was repacked by someone unfamiliar with the kit. Next will be selling all the A/C and LS related components and purchasing the needed components for my combination.

My powertrain:

Ford Windsor 5.0
    GT40 Iron Heads (3-bar Explorer)
    FMS E303 Cam
    FMS Roller Rockers
    Edelbrock Pro-Flow Intake
    Edelbrock 1000CFM 4150-style Throttle Body
    MicroSquirt EFI
    AOD with PA Valve Body and 10" TqC

I've also got some parts to sell that I'd been collecting in order to build that I won't need any more:
    8.8 rear axle assembly out of a '96 SN95 Mustang
    2 sets of SN95 Rear Brake Calipers
    SN95 E-brake cables

PXL_20220721_203005879.jpgPXL_20220721_221156140.jpgPXL_20220721_221229849.jpgPXL_20220721_221253990.jpgPXL_20220722_034940047_1.jpg

CWM
    Last edited by TxMike64; 07-22-2022 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Typo
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

2. Likes peterh226, Mrallsport32, RoadRacer liked this post