Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Factory Five Interactive Kit Builder Program

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Factory Five Interactive Kit Builder Program

Introducing a new way to build and customize your Factory Five Roadster!

Public Beta test - PC and MAC compatible
    LINK: 3dautosports.com/ffr/beta

March 12th update!

We have updated the program and switched on our matching website format to match the new Factory Five website. We have several features added including some updates. Please check it out and give the tires a kick!

A cool feature we completed is the ability to share a car by a link. Example if you go to this link, it will load the blue car pictures below.

NOTE, screenshots might be iffy right now as we are working to bring a better system online soon.

Enjoy!!!

---------------------------------------------------

Our small team has been working with Factory Five to develop an interactive 3D program for building and customizing your very own MK4 Roadster. This is only a test BETA version. We are working iron out the bugs as we wrap up on a few extra features. Any feedback you could provide us will only make the program better! So please post your feedback and photos in here.

Note. Most users will need to install a webpage plugin update. This update is easy update to install, much like a flash update for your web browser. You only need to install it once and it works forever.

This program is designed to take you though the entire process of building your very own Factory Five Roadster Kit. Once you have completed your build, you have 2 options: review order and paint this car. At this point, you can create a custom paint job on your roadster. This is a great tool for anyone wanting to test paint combos on your roadster. You can also share this program on face book. Right now we have our basic sharing system turned on. Soon you be able to share the actual car you built on facebook.

We have a short list of updates and fixes that we need to do yet. As well as several system disabled, such as the ordering system and the Save/Load feature. We also have not completed our arrow key movement feature yet. Right now you can only use your mouse to move around. Note, you can use your mouse wheel to zoom in and out. We also have a hand full of features I have not listed here, but I hope that your feedback can help us decide on what to focus on first.

I would love to see people post photos of your virtual car here in this post. It is very easy to do. When you are using the program you can "take a screenshot". This will save photos in your "My Photos" bar. Click on "My Photos" and click on your saved photos to open them. By coping the photo address out of the preview image you can use that to post photos to the forum. We hope to have a much better way of sharing photos with a pre-formated "img" code link so can easily copy and paste it to your own forum post. Example below.

Here are some examples photos taken right from the program:

Big thanks to both Dave's at FFR, and to my local FFR group for being my personal test team.
    During this beta process I will be hosting the program at 3D Auto Sports website.
    Last edited by 3D FFR; 03-13-2012 at 04:43 PM.