Another build begins. After thinking of building a FFR car for almost ten years, I finally placed my order for a 33Hot Rod. I have been into building neat cars since I was in high school (I am now nearing retirement in the next 1-2 years) and have done my share of toys, 23 T Bucket, 1953 F100 Ford, 1986 Jeep CJ7, Camaros, more Jeeps, jet boats, F150's, Miata, you name it, I likely enjoyed owning and fixing them up to a much nicer asset.
I placed my order on 12/30/22 and have received my order confirmation with a kit completion date of 5/20/23, so I am hoping Stewart Transportation will come down my road sometime in June.
My kit will be quite basic. 33Hot Rod, full fenders, running boards, hood, and engine side panels. I will be running a 5.3 LS with an automatic. I already located a clean, low mile 8.8 axle and am almost done cleaning and painting it, and switching it to five lug axles and disc brakes. I am hoping to get my engine and transmission soon, so I can go through them and have my entire driveline on pallets in my garage before the kit arrives.
Options ordered are EFI kit, rear exhaust pipes, chrome tilt column, electric power steering, and no top, but a soft top convertible likely coming later.

I have a few questions to those who are running the LS motor:
Will I need to change out the oil pan for better ground clearance? The 5.3 is coming out of a 2002 Silverado pickup truck.
My rear disc brake calipers are mounted to the rear of the axle, however most photos I see have the calipers on the front of the axle. With my disc brake package, (1996 Mustang GT) the parking brake cables would need to bend 180 degrees around. This seems like it would make the cables operate not so well. Let me know if anyone else has their calipers on the rear, and it that interferes with the coil over shocks.
Has anyone registered their FFR car in Minnesota? Does Minnesota license these as a Street Rod, or a Collector. I have had both and like the benefits of special plates (no annual renewal) and they just look nicer. Please let me know how that process went, and what paperwork was needed to register it.
Are there many other 33 Hot Rods in Minnesota, North/South Dakota, Wisconsin, or Iowa? It would be fun to get together and check out other builds, as I am always looking for a road trip.

I am trying to get familiar with this forum, so forgive me if I duplicated this thread.