Hey.

Well I know, been away for some time, family crises here in Sweden but it seems to sort out in a good way... So now I found some time to fiddle with the build, and yeah it is running! Here is a update of my blog..

http://buildingacoupe.blogspot.com/

The only thing that I have some questions of since it is my first Ford V8 build, the water pump that I got is a counterclockwise rotating one and I think, not sure, that I routed the belt wrong... Should the pump rotate counterclockwise as you are looking from the front of the engine or the other way arround? I got a hint of this since it started dropping water from the overflow cap...

And also, I have hydraulic lifters in it and how much preload should I have, I made a 1/2 turn preload on my rockers, is that enough or too much? Thought when I was running the engine there whas a sound coming from the valvetrain, not rattle but a more heavy sound... Is this normal, I can record the sound and post it here tomorrow... I remember when I built my dads 70 Cuda 383 engine, also with aluminum heads and so on that there was a bit of a rattleing sound that I couldn`t get rid of, and that was 3/4 of a turn in preload... Anyone that have any idea of this?

//Mike