For Decades my father and I have wanted to build a kit car, something different. Last October I pulled the trigger because my father's Parkinson's disease was starting to take hold and he was losing hope. The change from that phone call has been amazing, we talked daily about it, shared videos and forum posts on the Daytona build constantly. (Thank you all who have taken the time to do this, not only do we have a wonderful resource, but also it fanned the flame my father needed to regain hope.) Researched, bought and rebuilt an engine together. He can't turn a wrench like he used to, but he is there and is helping.
Last Thursday the kit showed up at 5:30 AM and though he couldn't be there in person to see the unload, I got some video and pics. We spent the day doing inventory. I thought he would be completely spent but he was ready to roll the next day.

A quick summary of my initial plans
FFR 65 Daytona complete kit w/ IRS but not the wilwood brakes.
85 302, still trying to figure out what cam and heads we are going to use (I'd like ~400 HP)

A nice grand tour type interior
cameras for back up and rear view
Trying to decide if I want a front camera

No clue on paint, waiting on my bride for that one

I put together a Kanban board so I know what I have done and what is left based on the manual, edwardb and the cobra daytona build channel on youtube. Oak Hollow and Yellville have also given me a few ideas.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you on the forum and FFR community for all you've done and thanks in advance for bearing with all the questions about to come
delivery.jpgPXL_20230603_204204657.jpgPXL_20230604_163358897.jpgPXL_20230604_221559255.jpgquick jack.jpg