+21 = 27"

Got the windshield installed today and wanted to distill what I learned from other threads and my n of 1:

1) marked the midline of the medial aspect of the bars.
2) If you wanna make life easier: drop the fuse array
3) had to insert the bars in a more vertical orientation to clear DS frame (note: previously cut 3/4" deeper in the PS firewall extension), then angle back and insert to get windshield to body
4) once seated, had son (you can rent mine if you don't have one) hold door in place (prob not necessary if you just measure in the vicinity) and measured the 27". Turns out the mid-line previously marked was pretty close. Held in place with a vice and marked the holes.
5) this was not intuitive, but trusted the other posts here - ie the Jeffs and Everson - and transposed the inferior circles I drew to the midline. It was about a 5mm move.
6) Did the tapping of the holes instead of just drilling - it was easy, so do it. 27/64 drill, 1/2-13 tap.
7) windshield re-installed and used FFR provided bolts. Then added nylock nuts for suspenders.
8) added 2, 1/2" washers to the DS gap from bar to frame to avoid torquing it.

Note: the FFR school and some threads talk about amputating a certain amount from the arms. That was not needed in my build. I suggest avoiding an irreversible issue until you verify.

Re-measured after install....6+21 = 27"

Windshield In.jpg