FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  61

Thread: Father & Daughter build in North Frisco

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little more progress this weekend, not much though.

I got my boosted ABS brake system fully plumbed and bled.

IMG_0842.jpg

Like so many others, from what I’ve seen on the forums, I’m not thrilled with the position of the Whitby pedal. When bleeding, it was hitting the front of the foot box before the crossmember behind the pedal arm could stop the travel. And it sits way low with an odd angle.

IMG_0843.jpeg

So there will be some modification to that in the future—not sure whether I want to torch and bend it, cut and reweld it, or modify the Wilwood pedal for use with the system. I’ll likely start with the Wilwood pedal mod first and see how I like it, since the pedal is in my unused parts bin anyway.

I also got the Forte QR windshield brackets installed, along with my Aeromotive Fuel filter. I still can’t finish the fuel system though, because some of the fittings are on back order with Summit.

IMG_0847.jpgIMG_0848.jpg

Once I get the pedal situation squared away, I guess I’ll move on to the wiring harness next, which should fill up a good amount of time while I’m waiting on the fuel fittings. I also need to figure out how I’m going to do the foot box vent fans.
    Last edited by Mbufford; 01-21-2024 at 09:29 PM.
    MKIV Complete Kit # 207585
    Ordered 8/19/2023. Completion date 11/11/23. Delivery date 11/27/23

Build Thread: http://https://thefactoryfiveforum.c...577#post535577

2. Likes gburchett liked this post