Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Thermo switch, Speedo and voltage Gauge Help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thermo switch, Speedo and voltage Gauge Help

We got the first start in yesterday. It was awesome. The forte 427 fired right up and purred like a very loud kitten. Been trying to post a video unsuccessfully but I will figure it out. In any case - the first start was successful but a few problems I need to take care of.

1.) biggest issue is the fan didn’t turn on. I let her idle and get to 190 and with no fan kicking in had to shut down. I think I may have the fan wiring wrong. Essentially in the front harness there is a green thermo wire and blue water temp wire. I hooked the blue wire up to the fan hot which is what is shown in the wiring diagram from FFR. Should the green thermo sw be what’s connected here?

2.) my speedometer did not work. Needle just sat all way to the right. It was powered and is counting but not right. It’s connected directly to Speedo on trans. Not sure what I’m missing here. See pic for how i have it wired.

3.) voltmeter not working. Is there any efi I could or should wire to that instead? I actually don’t know where that gauge is currently pulling signal from or supposed to anyway. I just have it plugged into harness per instructions.

Thanks again all really appreciate the help.
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images