I officially have the last GTM sold! Technically not the last produced though, mine is #538 of 539. Last one for the USA. I’ll try to not bore you all with the details so I’ll give the short version of it.

539 total were produced, but number 538 was an incomplete kit. As of February 2024, 539 was being finished up for a Canadian customer and 538 was just a left over, un-powder coated chassis. I called in late January ‘24 about buying a GTM and was told they were discontinued. I had some very unusual plans for a exotic build I had been wanting to do for the better part of 20 years and explained to the right person at F5 that I really only needed a body and glass for my unconventional build. Although I would entertain buying a chassis if they had one. I was told that the chassis jig had already been destroyed but they could get a body together for me. I got a call back a few weeks later that they had one chassis left in storage that they kept as a possible “final send off” build for the GTM by F5, that they would sell to me. Due to the plan I have for this build, it worked out great that it was an incomplete kit since the parts missing is the stuff I don’t need. I ended up with a damaged body they were going to end up destroying, which also works perfectly for my project. It seemed to me that they were happy the last one they had was going into the hands of someone that could do something with what was left.

Fast forward to the 2nd week of March ‘24 and the GTM was in my shop and on the chassis table ready for surgery.

The plan: Styling updates to bring what is now, a dated looking car into the 2020s. It’s s great looking car, but having been designed in the early 2000s, it shows. The tail light panel and front valance will receive the majority of the make over. I intend on building the car as JGTC car ( Japanese Grand Touring Championship/ GT500) The car will have heavy JDM influence, including RHD conversion which I’m nearly done with already. The body will receive a mild wide-body. Lexan window sliders, rear window will have a scoop. Large dual element, swan mount GT wing. I also have LED Ferrari F355 taillights I will be using.

The power: V12. I have seen many talk about it, but I haven’t seen it done. I have a Mercedes Benz M120 6.0L from a 1994 SL600. Yes, the same long block used in the original Pagani Zonda. It will have the famous titanium equal length headers, ITB, Link stand-alone ECU, 60-2 crank trigger. Backed by a Mendeola SDR5 with 3.88 LSD. Transaxle is done and ready to ship.

Suspension: I already have it in roller status on C5 Z06 arms, sprung by custom QA1 dual adjustable coilovers. I know further tuning will be needed, but a good starting point. Brakes are going to be slotted 355mm 6 piston Brembo.

Wheels: I have Advan Racing GT premium forged center locks for Porsche GT3RS. 19x12 rear, 19X9 front wrapped in Toyo R888R 345 rear and 265 for the front. I’m making cup style center locks to eliminate the goofy Porsche lock mech.

Interior: I have full carbon fiber Bride Zieg IV wide racing seats and complimenting Sparco components like FIA approved 6 point Hans harnesses and steering wheel with Works Bell quick release on a Mazda RX-7 FC column. Dash will custom full carbon as well with custom gauges.

FB539E92-99A1-436E-A47A-62AC3EC00F72.jpg
D1E33E1E-9EBD-4A86-B750-7BBAF2128284.jpg
FD377AC7-3F93-4707-ABFD-1232010C08B0.jpg
F8468794-40D8-441B-9D99-A008E6135E03.jpg
3A5F3C8A-B13A-4F9A-89FC-FAAC99678192.jpg

I hope to keep this thread updated with the build as it progresses. I’m aiming to have the car completed in 2ish years time. This is far from my first rodeo, but given my car is so incomplete, I will be making everything as I go. Certain things I would like to follow the way the car was intended to be built, so I may need to pick some of your brains to overcome some obstacles!

Thanks for looking!