For a bit of background on this question, I have a MKIV complete kit with the Wilwood pedal box, Forte hydraulic clutch kit, Russ Thompson gas pedal, and Forte gas pedal linkage. I'm not sure what size my clutch master cylinder is but can check if need be.

20240516_162140.jpg

As for the situation at hand, after finalizing the fitment of my seats I've come to realize that while my gas and brake pedal fit my seat location nicely, I'm having trouble getting the clutch pedal to feel comfortable. Basically, the throw on the clutch pedal feels like it is just waaayyy too long. For context, I've aligned my clutch pedal just ahead of my brake pedal - and the brake pedal is already set about as far forward as it can be (close to that cross-bar shown in the photo above), but even with the clutch brought forward that far I am still depressing the clutch effectively all the way back to the rear wall which requires me to basically either sit so close to the pedals that I feel scrunched, or sit comfortably but then I'm pushing the clutch with my tippytoes at full stroke. I am not the tallest person in the world so I'm sure that contributes to the situation, but it seems a bit egregious. I was hoping to see if maybe I could shorten the stroke a bit to make it more comfortable.

In light of all this, my questions to the group are:

1) Is there a way to test when the clutch actually releases? Basically to see if I'm traversing the clutch pedal more than I need to? The easiest solution would just be to set my stop further forward and call the situation solved.

2) If such a long stroke seems normal, has anybody tried to increase the size of their master cylinder to try to shorten it? If so, does it make the clutch difficult to operate and/or really stiff? And also, what size did you increase to?

Any help much appreciated.