Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  17

Thread: Jesse builds another Cobra #11,061 - Parking brake Plan A and B... and C?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesse builds another Cobra #11,061 - Parking brake Plan A and B... and C?

So it begins....

Hey Gang!

It's been a whirlwind few months. Just to bring everyone up to speed I recently sold my MK4. It was an awesome car that I loved to drive and I already miss dearly.

As it turns out the thing I loved slightly more than owning it was building it. I didn't have the resources to keep this one and build another so a choice was made. Like all of you know (or are going to find out) is while building one of these you learn so many things. I have a running list in my head of items that if I was to do it again what I would do differently. So here we go.

I sold my first MK4 in early June and ordered my next one immediately. My guiding principle this time is to make it as modern as practical. Think what would this car look like if it was built today. I know AC is re releasing a limited addition car but I have intentionally avoided looking at it as I don't want my build to be influenced by it.

I flirted hard with a digital gauge cluster. The dash in consideration is a 12" rectangle screen. When it came down to it I would have had to embed it near the center of the dash. It looked pretty interesting when in use but when off it made the car look like a Tesla, I was also concerned about solar glare. So traditional gauges it is.

My completion date was 8/3. Stewart called a couple days ago and she will arrive on Saturday the 25th. I am the first stop so yay!

Changes from the last one

IRS
    Carbon Fiber Dash
    Coyote Mounts
    18" Wheels (not been ordered yet, will not be Halbrand)
    Custom seats, door cards and transmission cover from Intatrim in the UK
    Bluetooth navigation screen with both front and backup camera's (too many clowns on the road. I am going to protect myself with an integrated dash cam)
    2" roll bars
    TKX with mid shift
    Chambered Exhaust
    FFR headers with Cats
    The plan right now is to integrate a chin spoiler. I have several different directions I can go with this but I am fully committed to doing it.
    I have several color schemes in mind. I have only committed to one color. Whether it's the primary, secondary or accent color has yet to be decided but Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to introduce you to Chevy Amplify Orange.

Lastly I am trying so hard NOT to supercharge the coyote. I keep telling myself 450 is plenty and I DO NOT NEED 650hp at the wheel. I DO NOT!! Having said that I have not ruled it out.
    Last edited by Blitzboy54; 08-19-2024 at 03:53 AM.
    Build 1 MK4 #10008 - Delivered 03/03/21, Graduated 7/20/22 - Sold 6/6/24
    Build Thread #1 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Build 2 MK4 #11061- Delivered 08/24/24
    Build Thread #2 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...006#post562006

2. Likes CaptB liked this post