FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Multi-State Group Cruise to FFR Open House on June 11th - Who's IN?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Multi-State Group Cruise to FFR Open House on June 11th - Who's IN?

This is also posted on the FFCARS forum. I'll add details and names interested people to each site as plans progress. The names listed so far are FFCARS user names.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in Burleson (N. Texas) and I plan on driving to Wareham, MA. to be at the Factory Five Open House on June 11th. Who else in interested in meeting up along the way and cruising to Wareham, MA. together? Once I know who all is interested I will put together a route/itinerary and post it for everyone. I expect that I will put together details that will include the route and each nightly motel/hotel stop along the way. I'd probably want to do 400-600 miles a day, depending on the route and weather. Notice, I mentioned WEATHER! I'm not a fan of driving in the rain, so the route could be altered or delayed if there's bad weather along the way. It could also cause us to get behind schedule which could cause us to drive more on some days to make up for lost time.

I'm not a huge fan of driving single file, mile after mile. As described in the motorcycle touring world, I believe in riding your own ride. In this case, I guess it will be driving your own ride, so we don't have to stay in single file. We will all likely have cell phones, so we can coordinate that way if some of us get separated along the way. The itinerary will make sure we all end up at the same location at the end of the day and for lunch if the group desires.

I'll leave it up to the group to decide if we want to head back West together, or if we will head different directions after June 11th.

So give me an idea of who all is interested and I'll get started putting something together. Also, if you're interested, PM your email address to me so that I can send out group email as the date approaches. You might also want to SUBSCRIBE to this thread.

I'm already looking forward to this!

EDIT: 02/15/11 - People that have expressed interest:

Joe - Burleson, Texas
    AJuergens - Mobile, AL.
    mydream - Canada (Trailering)
    rscocca - New York
    Pumpkin Racer - Wisconsin (Trailering)
    TimC - Flowery Branch, Georgia
    wayne65 - Lamar, Missouri
    RButton - Ward, Arkansas
    mike covey - Rockport, Texas
    TD - Harrisburg, PA.
    Last edited by Joe; 06-22-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    Proudly Driving: FFR MKIII #5392, '89 donor, 306 EFI, T-5
    GT40P-Heads, 3-link, 8.8 / 3.55 Rear, 4 Wheel Disk Power Brakes,
    17" Halibrands, 4X4 Headers, Koni Shocks