Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Not enough adapters?

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not enough adapters?

I am 2 of the purple brake line adapters short. I had the correct amount according to the inventory sheet but I still need 2 more. I used 8 just for the brakes. I still need 2 for the clutch line. Anyone else run into this? I realize we are amoung the first ones to build. I just don't see it mentioned in the threads. I think FFR would want to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    std to metric adaptors

6 for the brakes one on each flex connection, one on each master cylinder connection, everything else is std threads, 3/8 wrench
    2 for the clutch, one at master cylinder, one at flex connection

how did you make out with lines? I had two too many 60 inch, one short of 8 inch, 3 short of 20 inch, short several unions

should be
    two 60's for clutch and an 8 inch too

brakes

60 and 20 to 3 way female tee behind gas tank, 60 + 8 inch to right rear, 20 to left rear
    8 inch to proportioning valve, 8 to tee (should be 3 way female, I used 2 female, 1 male tee plus union) 20 inch to left side flex, 20 to right side flex
    Last edited by RM1SepEx; 09-07-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: added 8 inch on clutch
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    std to metric adaptors

6 for the brakes one on each flex connection, one on each master cylinder connection, everything else is std threads, 3/8 wrench
    2 for the clutch, one at master cylinder, one at flex connection

how did you make out with lines? I had two too many 60 inch, one short of 8 inch, 3 short of 20 inch, short several unions

should be
    two 60's for clutch

brakes

60 and 20 to 3 way female tee behind gas tank, 60 + 8 inch to right rear, 20 to left rear
    8 inch to proportioning valve, 8 to tee (should be 3 way female, I used 2 female, 1 male tee plus union) 20 inch to left side flex, 20 to right side flex
    My wildwood valve needed 2 adapters as well. Look at the picture in the manual. They used them there as well. I had to make my own lines by shorten some and use a adapter on the RF brake line. I onlt got 1 T adapter the manual shows 2. I got one the has 2 females and 1 male. I used it on the rf flex line to get the lines to the lf hose. I am not too pleased with the lack of proper parts. But I guess that comes with being an early builder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's some photos of what I did on the front brakes. I used the same split setup the 33 used on the rear brakes as far as the style T-fitting. Are we supposed use differant fittings on the wildwood valve?
    DSCF0004.jpgDSCF0005.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    the wilwood comes with two pipe thread to brake line adapters, they have pipe dope on them and they were packaged in the plastic willwood packaging, we received 8 purple adapters for std to metric

I can't believe we got the wrong parts myself... wasn't even close
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    My wilwood valve had no hardware with it at all.