Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: new to the forum and ordered first FFR build.

Post Thanks / Like

new to the forum and ordered first FFR build.

Hi I'm Nolan and ordered an 818R a few weeks ago. It is the R yes but I will make it street legal so I can track it and drive around town. I live in Dallas Texas and plan on flying up to factory five at some point to get a "feel" of what I'm getting and just because I want to see home base.

Nolan

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you're in for some fun. Congrats !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nkw8181 View Post
    Hi I'm Nolan and ordered an 818R a few weeks ago. It is the R yes but I will make it street legal so I can track it and drive around town. I live in Dallas Texas and plan on flying up to factory five at some point to get a "feel" of what I'm getting and just because I want to see home base.

Nolan
    Welcome to the club. Word to the wise, FFR is like hotel California, "you can check out but you can never leave" this hobby is very much a drug.

Enjoy the trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    In collage I designed and built (to the point of a rolling Frame) a locost 7 but motorcycle engine driven. In some ways I would think this will be easier. At least here I'm not designing and building the frame from the ground up and figuring out well everything :-) I'm smart enough to know that this will have its own challenges and I look forward to taking them on! Especially with the support group here! :-D

Nolan

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on pulling the trigger and placing the order. Now the fun begins while you wait for the arrival.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after bidding on this car and that one followed by the prices going way up I finally landed a donor. It should be taking delivery of the car no later then this coming Monday. I got an 06 TR WRX with 120k miles that runs and drives. It was hit from the front so the pics didn't show the engine bay because it was pined closed. I can't help but hope and wonder what extra goodies could be there. I'll start posting pics as soon as I get the car the waiting is finally over and I get to start doing something!!

Nolan