Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Timmy318's 818-S Build Thread!

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Awesome. I wish I had a pool table for wire management. I set up a 4x8 piece of plywood in my basement with some saw horses which will have to do.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx View Post
    Awesome. I wish I had a pool table for wire management. I set up a 4x8 piece of plywood in my basement with some saw horses which will have to do.
    That was about the only indoor area where something hadn't already taken up the room !
    FFR '33 #325 built with hazelwwp & FFR 818-S #11 Delivered on July 21, 2013
    Facebook 818-S/R Build Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Facto...78385198877613
    Forum 818-S/R Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-Build-Thread!
    FFR Project 818 Owner's Registry on Google Map

Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 20090
    Got the panels all drilled and held in place. Tomorrow work on the front suspension should begin (I know, I know, slow paced). We used Dyna-mat for our '33 but are thinking of using Lizard-Skin this time around, anyone have any experience with it? Pros/cons?

Attachment 20089
    That right there is what our harness looks like right now. Scary and intimidating. As I've been toying around on the car, my father's been working night and day on this harness. My dad is re-building the Subie wiring harness, stripping out anything that is not needed for engine management (the non engine management will be done through ISIS). He is developing detailed schematic diagrams and once complete, will be shared and hopefully make it easier for future 818 builders.[/QUOTE]

I'm also considering lizard skin, I've seen it used on roadsters and some advice in this area would be helpful. The ISIS system is very cool, your using the donor harness for engine management, does thin include the gauge harness?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The ISIS system is very cool, your using the donor harness for engine management, does thin include the gauge harness?
    Yes. The gauge harness is included. Essentially, I have cut off the connectors needed with about 6-24 inches of wire and then reassemble the harness by soldering a new length of wire point-to-point. That is, for example, I know I need the ECU and the engine harness. I cut off the four connectors that connect to the ECU and the several connectors that go to the engine. The engine will, of course, be mounted in the rear of the car; I have decided to mount the ECU in front of the front firewall where there will be easy access. I then solder a wire from point-to-point between the connectors - one at a time. I am developing drawings and will share the information with the community when I get a little further along. I should end up with a neat harness with only the stuff we are using and it will be custom fit to the 818 so there won't be big looms of wire cluttering up the build.

Post Thanks / Like
    following your build cant wait for my car next week i'm glad someone is making my life easier on the harness i'm not a great electrician
    kerry

Post Thanks / Like
    my harness looks the same on my table and im scratching my head on where to start

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234