Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Post Thanks / Like

Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Registration is now open for the 2014 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meeting. Our website is the same as in the past www.texascobrameet.com . The website is full functional and registration is up and running.

There is a full agenda of activities and things to do and see. Most planned activities will be Friday and Saturday.

All attendees must register online. Payment can be made online or onsite. However, online payment is greatly appreciated. In addition if you are planning on attending the annual banquet on Saturday evening you must register online and select the type and quantity of meals you want. I will need to close out the banquet order on Monday, March 24th. No exceptions.

On Saturday we have been invited back to Hershal Byrd’s Crooked Oak Ranch for BBQ and Picnic. There is an added twist this year. On the ride out and back there will be scavenger hunt. Tickets for the scavenger hunt can be bought online or on site. The folks completing the hunt will be eligible for the Grand Prize… The First Annual Crooked Oak Gum Ball Rally Trophy. More detail will be posted on the website.

This year the Texas Cobra Club is joining forces with Ohio Cobra Club to fight Cystic Fibrosis. All funds and donations will be forwarded to the Ohio Cobra Club to present to the CFF at their London Cobra Show in June.

Let the fun begin.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    July 2009 FFCars Picture of the Month
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Registration Numbers as of: January 04, 2013 7:00pm

Number of attendees and guests: 114

Number of cars: 62
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the latest.
    Registration Numbers as of: January 25, 2014 3:30pm

Number of attendees and guests: 150

Number of cars: 81
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how to sign up and what the fees for the track day at Harris hill is?

JC
    Factory Five Type-65 Coupe:"Race Spec" coupe, Ordered 1/12, picked-up 5/12, roller 5/12, first start 10/12, finished 4/13
    Factory Five Roadster: Sold 12/2011.
    http://www.25tires.com

Post Thanks / Like
    JC,
    In the first post is the website. At the top are the tabs. It is $150 for the Harris Hill Track event. That part of the registration has not been set up yet, but it will be soon. Ken is working on it.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    Registration Numbers as of: February 02, 2014 2:30pm

Number of attendees and guests: 172

Number of cars: 94
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    T-Shirt Order Deadline in TUESDAY, FEB 25th. Please get your orders in NOW. No additional shirts will be available at the Meet. http://www.texascobrameet.com/event-tee-shirts-orders/

Registration Numbers as of: February 18, 2014 7:45pm

Number of attendees and guests: 198

Number of cars: 108
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone,

This is the next to last update before the Texas Cobra Club 2014 Spring Meet next week.

www.texascobrameet.com

As of Thursday, February, 27th we have:

126 Car registered

237 Drivers and Guest

174 Folks attending the Saturday Night Banquet

93 Cars registered for the Gumball Rally/Scavenger Hunt

14 Cars registered for the Harris Hill Track Day

The agenda has not changed since my lasting posting. I am so pleased with the registration numbers this year. This is will one of the largest gathering of Cobra, GT-40, and Daytona in the world. Everyone I have spoken to is very excited about the event.

If you are planning on attending, I need you to register as soon as possible. Many of our activities are based on a headcount. Please register if you are coming.

Also, if you are coming to the Saturday Night Banquet and have not registered, I need you register before Monday evening. I am turning in the headcount/meal count to the hotel on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I will NOT be able to make changes to the meal count after Tuesday. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

The parking lot will be FULL. DO NOT PARK TO UNLOAD WITHOUT INSTRUCTION FROM THE PARKING TEAM!! If you arriving late on Thursday or during the day on Friday AND you are pulling a trailer, you may not have full access to your trailer after you unload your car. BRING A CAR COVER. Of course if the weather turns bad we will work with everyone to protect their car. Please bear with us on this matter. The hotel has been very gracious to us in accommodating our needs and we cannot afford to disrupt their other quests or convention attendees.

Thanks

Ken Walker
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a blast wish I was going to be there, have a Shiner for me !
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony,
    I'll have one for you and several for me. LOL!
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,
    I'm sorry to bother you, but I just joined the FF Forum. I was in Boston this past weekend and made my way down to Wareham Mass to tour the Factory Five facility…..it was AWSOME! I'm very close to pulling the trigger on an MK4, but my good friend suggested that before I do I should talk to several guys that have built the car and get a ride in one so I can see and most importantly ask numerous questions. My buddy owns a Backdraft car and is a good source of info but he's a very honest guy and really wanted me to talk to someone who owns a FF car. He lives in Nashville. Do you know of anyone in my area that I can talk too? I live in The Woodlands Texas….north of Houston proper, actually between Spring Texas and Conroe Texas. If need be they my contact me directly at [email protected]. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards