BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    Mike,

I'm glad everything seems to be working out. Can't wait to see your GTM either at the Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals or FFR Open House, heck maybe booth

At this point maybe you should give your GTM a project a name instead of just calling it the GTM sounds kind of impersonal and heck she's more than that, maybe the forum can have a naming contest. Let me be the first and call her Miss Adventure

Ron
    LOL... That's too appropriate!

Maybe you're right. It might be fun (and a little scary) to see what our friends here might come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    Now you did it. JINX!!!! It's like putting your tools up before you finish working!
    As a matter of fact, I just spent some time in the garage straightening up, and putting tools away!

I had the car moved from Steve's shop this morning (and paid the final invoice...), so we're turning the page to the next chapter of the GTM (sorry... "Miss Adventure") Saga. But before we do, I have to say Thank You to Steve Kurzman of The Custom Stitching Co. I couldn't have asked for a better experience than we had working with Steve. I would recommend him to anyone wishing to have a quality interior designed and installed. He will definitely be doing any work on any car that I might build from now on.

Now "Miss Adventure" as Ron suggests, is sitting in a fairly pristine Race shop where ALMS Porsches are being maintained. I have to say that it looked pretty cool along side Race cars and current Street Porsche's. It always amazes me to see how much lower the GTM is even next to other sports cars.

Ahhh... When we were ready to get "Miss Adventure" out of the trailer, it was fairly obvious that I was going to have a tough time getting back into the car to back it out. So we found one of the guys in the shop who obviously hadn't tried as many of the restaurants around Charlotte as I have lately. He wedged his way in with little trouble and expertly steered it down the ramp. Since he was already inside, he fired up "Miss Adventure" and pulled her into the shop. It was the first time that I had ever seen anyone else drive "her".

It was really cool to see it in motion, and to hear the rumble of the Kooks exhaust as it passed. I had a pretty proud moment right about then...

Once it was inside, the guys there gathered around to look it over, and seemed genuinely impressed. There were the usual "What is it" questions. Then, the owner of the shop spotted the G50/01 "Porsche" gear-box, which, I think, allowed me into their club.

It was fun to spend a little time with them this morning.

We went through the short list of items that they'll be doing for me:
    - Setting ride height to 4 1/2 inches front and rear.
    - Adding a couple hundred pounds to the driver's seat, and Dialing in the corner weight and balances.
    - Setting the bump steer.
    - And then dialing in the alignment, using the FFR specs. Except for one...
    - We're also installing the alignment shims/locks that Crash sells.
    - We decided to start with 0 toe-in., and see how that feels, and then adjust if needed.

In the meantime, I'm eager to hear what you all think I should "name" The GTM... Although I have to say that Ron came out of the gates with a great one!

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-08-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081