Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 42 cent upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

42 cent upgrade

You know how sometimes it's the little things that become pet peeves? This is how I deal with one of mine. While putting Steve's (sejust2009) car together today after painting it I realized that I hadn't ever shared this one on the forums. It's something that I do on all of the cars I paint.

The chrome bezel on the front turn signal/parking lamp doesn't cover the light base and leaves a cheesy looking gap between it and the body:

A 2 7/8" I.D. by 1/4" rubber O ring installed between the bezel and body makes it more better:

21 cents each at True Value Hardware

Jeff

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's pretty cool! I will have to add that even before a great paint job. It adds a very nice OEM finish to the ring. There are not a lot of "kit car" issues on mine but every little improvement helps.

Thanks, Jeff!

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the lenses - I replaced mine with some actual Lucas lenses and the chrome bezel went all the way down. Still, I like the look of the o-ring as a gasket - very innovative!
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    It's the lenses - I replaced mine with some actual Lucas lenses and the chrome bezel went all the way down. Still, I like the look of the o-ring as a gasket - very innovative!
    Gumball, do you recall where you got the lenses? I have one that seats all the in the chrome bezel and one like what Jeff shows. Maybe I'll order one lens...

Kevin
    MKIV, IRS/TruTrack/3.55s, Coyote, TKO600, Wilwoods
    Delivered: 1/6/2012
    First Start: 1/19/2014
    First Go-Kart: 2/1/2014
    Graduation: 1/4/2015
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    ebay UK - this picture is not good, but it sort of shows how far down the bezel sits on mine.

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff! Just when I thought my build was done. Agreed it does look better. Hopefully my local Ace Hardware will have a similar upgrade part. I'll be checking.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.