BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First Start for my 33 Coyote

Post Thanks / Like

First Start for my 33 Coyote

My first start was OK except for some leaks, you will see the fuel leak at the pressure regulator, it turned out my cheap flaring tool did a lot of poor flares so I called Erik at The Race Line and he got me fixed up. The leak at the regulator was a bad fitting that he replaced. I also had leaks on the cooling lines to the AODE for the same reason and couple of coolant because I forgot a couple of O-rings at the bulk head fitting.
    Now it's on to the body, I will have a first drive video soon I hope!
    Here is the You tube address:
    http://youtu.be/hRLNQAI8U1Q

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking great! I am really regretting not just going for the coyote up front with all the hassle I have had getting my setup working from the beginning..yours is idling awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my second Coyote, I have a 2013 Mustang Boss 302, that really sold me on this engine type. I have tracked it for the past year and half with zero trouble and really impressed with it's performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice indeed! Where did you buy you engine? I'm sourcing parts right now for a fall hot rod build. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I live near Fort Worth, TX and the closest Ford Racing Dealer is Southwest Ford in Weatherford, TX I deal with Kelly Poston in parts he is a real enthusiast and very helpful also had a good price compared to other pricing on the internet and they had the engine in stock. Ph: (817) 596-5700 is main no. to the dealership. Engine controls kit is priced separately. I also ordered the SCJ intake and throttle body, it is posing some challenges but I think it will eventually fit with the side covers on, I did order the taller hood option from FFR. I thought about the higher horsepower (500 or so) but the wait was 3 months and $15K, if you are going to run A/C the bracket and studs are not there in this version, in Texas it is a 2 month season without A/C and heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Don, are you running AC in the car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I am running A/C. I have the basics installed but not charged yet. I'm currently getting the body panels fitted and the top is next.