Fun weekend at Lime Rock Park

Saturday was a picture perfect July day. 80 degrees sunny with a light breeze.

Limerock park is set in some of the most picturesque real estate in Connecticut. Every time I drive up I think to myself "I can't believe there is a race track in the middle of this "

That's most likely why there are only a few unmuffled days where we can take out loud cars out on the track.

This is only my second time at Limerock. I'm starting to like it a lot. On the down side Limrock barriers total a few cars each weekend, but if you can keep all four wheels on the pavement it's a blast.

Me having fun.

As nice as Friday was. Saturday weather was not as good for my setup.

I had a nice new set of front R7s that I needed to scuff prior to the race.

Practice was drizzling. I went out on scuffed Hoosier A6 slicks but cut the session short as it was a little too slippery.

Qualifying was full wet. Guys with rains were happy. I only had a set of well worn 888s. Last time I ran them in the rain the rears would hydroplane over the smallest standing water.

I'd rather start from the back then loop my car into a wall so I stayed in the pits.
Turned out the race was just as wet. Unprepared for the conditions (the forecast was for sunny skies!) I figured discretion was the better part of valor.

My fellow factory five drivers went out and qualified well and raced very well. Pat and John had a great weekend bringing home plenty of hardware.

Here Pat leads and gets the over all and class win.

That's two years in a row where Pat won the Fourth of July race in the wet. His win was great to watch( normally I can't watch our race) and a great conclusion to the weekend.