Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: This is embarrassing

Post Thanks / Like

This is embarrassing

20160512_145238.jpg
    20160512_150108.jpg
    While removing my intake manifold I failed to disconnect the coolant temperature sensor, ripping the wires right out. Does anybody know which wire goes where? It's a 2006 WRX, looks like we have a light gray, black with light blue, and white with green. Thanks guys!
    Kit #295 Picked up 11/26/2014!

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to tell from the factory wiring diagrams. Get a CD of your year donor from e-Bay if you already have not. Worth its weight in gold. You will be needing it for sure during the build. just google your donor and factory manuals.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you get the wiring diagram you'll see on page WI-44 that the grey terminal in your photo is E8. Your photo shows the positions on E8 are numbered 1,2 & 3.
    #1 = black/blue. #2 = grey. #3 = white/green.
    Last edited by AZPete; 05-12-2016 at 02:24 PM. Reason: typo
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    You should be able to tell from the factory wiring diagrams. Get a CD of your year donor from e-Bay if you already have not. Worth its weight in gold. You will be needing it for sure during the build. just google your donor and factory manuals.
    Thanks Tom, you're right. I have the factory service manual and looked at it before posting but it's been more than a year since I dieted the harness. I learned enough to get me through the process and apparently forgot it all since, my eyes went cross-eyed within minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    When you get the wiring diagram you'll see on page WI-44 that the grey terminal in your photo is E8. Your photo shows the positions on E8 are numbered 1,2 & 3.
    #1 = black/blue. #2 = grey. #3 = white/green.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to look this up. I've said it before and I'll say it now: this forum rocks!

Ben