FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member in Northern NY state.

Post Thanks / Like

New Member in Northern NY state.

Hi Everyone:
    My name is Bill Bartram. I live in Watertown NY, and Bushnell FL. I just bought a partly completed GTM from a guy in Florida. The car was donated to a high school in the Plilly, PA area im told. It was equipped with a VW TDI Diesel for fuel economy. When I got it, it was stripped of engine, tranaxle, interior, seats, fuel tanks, radiator, and more. .the front opening in the bumper has been crudely blocked off with fiberglass. I dont know how they cooled it. Maybe a radiator in the rear?

A little about me --- I am about to retire as a auto repair shop owner/ mechanic. I have had by business for 21 years. I have a 2 year degree in Automotive Technology from Sunny Canton, Canton NY. I am a ASE master mechanic since 1986. I have 5 adult children and live with my wife Colleen.

I have a couple of questions. Should I remove the body for engine installation and paint? I bought the assembly manual. It looks difficult to remove, with lots of rivets to drill out. Also, there are no fuel tanks. What is the easiest vintage corvette tanks to install? I see there are 2 different stiles in the manual. I have an 06 LS2 out of a GTO.

I am going to need a lot of help! Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill
    Welcome to the FFamily and enjoy the build. You will get the GTM answers quicker/more complete if you go post a thread in that part of the forum.
    A lot of folks on here will know about your car as far as the donation and the competition it was built for but likely not about what the details were
    as far as kit parts deleted for that build. They will have a lot of good suggestions on what to do from here forward and what donor or new parts to
    buy to pull it all together.
    Dale Berry 7L/426 Hemi 33 coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Bill,
    First of all congratulations! Now you have to one of the most exciting kit cars available right now in the market.
    As MYJONES mention, The best way to get answers an advices is going to the right Forum,
    The people he is very friendly and always prompt to help.
    We should the best of lucks, looking forward to see your posts

Mike

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That Was The X-Prise Mileage Challange Car.
    How Cool To See It Re-Fitted!
    Good Luck!