Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Breeze roll bar

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the Stainless version, then polished. It's definitely more work, but well worth the better look. The body holes needed enlarging, as well as "moving" a bit. When enlarging, just do it in the direction needed. I too did not want to weld on the car (I worry about electronics and surges), so I mounted the unit and used a Sharpie to mark where the third leg fit against the hoop, and where the stubs go up into the vertical legs. I tacked the third leg onto the hoop, and the two vertical stubs into the bottom of the hoop, out of the car. I put it back on the car to make sure nothing moved, then removed it and final welded the two stubs into the hoop, and the third leg onto the top of the hoop. The 3rd leg did move ever so slightly after final welding, but it fits with just minor force on the 3rd leg to slide on. That's actually pretty nice because there is absolutely no rattle. I still haven't drilled the holes for the mounting studs in the frame or on the unit yet, because it will be much easier when the body comes off for painting in a few months. It's actually very sturdy and stable without the mounting bolts.

That polished stainless really looks great. And the lower height, and the raked/leaned back verticals look much better too. Glad I did it.
    Last edited by boat737; 03-19-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread