Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ron Francis Connector Question

Post Thanks / Like

Ron Francis Connector Question

Is it possible that the male end of a Ron Francis connector is in wrong? I have been trying to plug the male end into the female end of the front wire harness connector and after looking at the connector it looks to me like the lower left hand male pin is in backwards. Is this possible? Sorry for the dumb question, but I am not any kind of wiring expert.
    DSC00375.JPGDSC00378.JPG

If this is the case, how do I take out the pin that is in backwards? Does this require a special tool?

Thanks for your help and guidance,

-Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    The Tech guys are out whooping it up at a show so perhaps fellow builders can help you out.
    The RF harness plugs are a known PITA too tight to the point if you do get them plugged togeather you may have to use vise grip and screw drivers to get them apart. Mine were misalighned in the blocks and I had to tweak them and lube them with electrical grease and use a c clamp to get them to connect. I did remove a couple of wires that were not to be used to make one plug work easier so they will come out. I think I used a small screwdriver to trip the tang in the block. The weather pack connectors they send are Sweeeet and work very well. If I had it to do again I would replace the RF connector blocks with something more user friendly.
    FFR 7216 MK 4 Non Donor Street Legal 06/13/11 at 4:30 pm! Graduation 1/1/2012
    3 Link Ford Racing 3.73 8.8 Posi with Yukon Axles.
    4 wheel discs Brembo rotors and Hawk HP plus pads.
    Ford Racing 302 340 HP T5Z 5 Speed Stainless Headers and Side Pipes.
    Holley 670 Street Avenger on Edelbrock Performer RPM. MSD Pro-Billet Distributor
    Delivered 04/11/10 7:30 pm Roller 05/08/10 Engine installed 08/07/10 First Start 02/19/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks 3kcarbon, hopefully when the guys get back in tomorrow they can take a look at the pictures. I also looked at my other connectors with the same type of male pins and they are all in the same sequential order, where as the front wire harness connector they are not in the same order. Again, the one on the lower left side appears to be backwards. Sure wish I knew how to take that pin out of the connector without ruining it...Although it might be an opportunity for me to buy a new tool!
    -Bob
    MKIV 7469 (1of15)
    Ordered 1/20/11
    Build School 2/18/11
    Delivered 4/1/11
    Rolling Chassis 6/25/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not contact Ron Francis direct? He probably already knows his connector blocks are not of the highest quality but he may not know some went out wrong. I would consider swapping out the connector blocks regardless. I was a bit miffed over mine.
    FFR 7216 MK 4 Non Donor Street Legal 06/13/11 at 4:30 pm! Graduation 1/1/2012
    3 Link Ford Racing 3.73 8.8 Posi with Yukon Axles.
    4 wheel discs Brembo rotors and Hawk HP plus pads.
    Ford Racing 302 340 HP T5Z 5 Speed Stainless Headers and Side Pipes.
    Holley 670 Street Avenger on Edelbrock Performer RPM. MSD Pro-Billet Distributor
    Delivered 04/11/10 7:30 pm Roller 05/08/10 Engine installed 08/07/10 First Start 02/19/11

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, contact Ron Francis. He has been very good about getting back to me when I have needed help.
    Chris
    If it's too LOUD....you're too OLD!!

Build Site >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/51103049@N00/collections/

FFR#0441CP Complete Coupe kit, IRS, T-5, 392ci 351W, Webers, Delivered 4/29/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I called Ron Francis sent them the pictures and they said, "Yep, we need to ship you a new connector setup". Great customer service.
    MKIV 7469 (1of15)
    Ordered 1/20/11
    Build School 2/18/11
    Delivered 4/1/11
    Rolling Chassis 6/25/11