BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrera1984's 818c Build

Post Thanks / Like

First Start!

This was the absolute first start. I did swear with excitement, so be forwarned.

https://www.facebook.com/RyanJamesSt...1663147027227/
    2nd Start. This was a Facebook Live that we decided to do. Let me know if you cant view it. I posted it as public. this version is family friendly

The exhaust sounds good, we didn't want loud or smelly so we added the cat and resonator. It will be street driven a lot. Plus being in Illinois, there is a OBD2 emission inspection in 4 years we will need to take and pass. HAHA, we'll see how that goes!

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Chicago Autoshow!

Funny image. This is my best friend Matt or "Shu". We met in 5th grade gym class. It's hard to see him sometimes because we both have our work and put in crazy hours. I get him to go every so often to the Auto Show because it's a little known fact that the Secretary of State, Illinois State Police and DMV is there with full services. He goes to renew his drivers license and ID card. So here's Shu, beer in hand, taking his vision test without glasses and ID picture right next to the State Police officer explaining Illinois rather new concealed carry laws(woot). There's no line, so its insanely convenient! Not pictured is the next stall. Their taking blood donations. The nice lady asked us all to donate. Thinking back, it's kind of weird that she asked as we were drinking. We declined because of the obvious consumption. I'm not quite sure 3/4 of us were eligible anyways even without drinking. There's a surprising list of things that disqualifies you.

No 818's at the show

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian818 View Post
    You've been busy, looking good! I too plan on running water/meth, as should anyone limited to pump gas and pushing the motor.
    With the airflow restrictions of rear engine, I'm looking forward to cooling properties on the intake charge as well. I'm planning on running over 50% water to keep it safe encase of a line rupture. My old cocktail was 1 gallon dirt cheap window washing fluid(max free protection i can get my hands on) with 2 bottles of heet fuel line deicer. I think that get you somewhere in the 40-45% meth if I remember correctly. prolelene(sp?) glycol in more expensive fluids(ex:bug wash) is no bueno for engine internals.

Post Thanks / Like
    'grats on the start, and I really liked the engine note so great job there!
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a note about running any lines or wires above the coolant lines> I had to move mine becuase the side sail fiberglass lays flat on the frame. Maybe test fit the side sails and check. Nice work so far. And the engine sounds great too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12