Quote Originally Posted by Harley818 View Post
I thought I dialed in 3 degrees of caster, but as you pointed out before, I measured it on the FFR weldment which may not be correct. I am going to do it again and measure the plus and minus angles you mentioned and divide by two. What did you set your angle gauge on?.
When you say hurricane bracket what do you mean? flip the attachment of the rear of the LCA to the spindle? or flip the LCA rear mount with the squiggle down?
And I didn't have to cut the nut to get my 3 degrees of caster, I just cut the thread, but if I go further, I will have to cut the nut as it is out of room.
Thanks for your help, this is all new to me....
thx again
Yeah I would not measure caster like that. I tried it after I set it using a digital gauge and it wasn't accurate at all. Maybe others have had better luck with it but not me. I set my angle gauge on a little jig I made that resembles this:
https://www.quicktrickalignment.com/...quantity-copy/
You have to turn the wheel 15 degrees to the left, measure, then turn back to center, then 15 degrees to the right and measure again. You subtract the two. Go to youtube and search "quicktrick caster" or even just "DIY caster" etc and you'll see. You can use two floor tiles with grease in between them for the pivots, and use cardboard taped to the floor to set your lines for 15 degrees. I think I have pictures of my doing that buried in my build thread somewhere.

On the hurricane bracket, I flipped the attachment to the lower control arm, but also had to ensure the squiggly part of the bracket was facing the same way as stock (I can't remember if it's up or down - I did it wrong initially and Bob noticed and corrected me as he has done for a number of other guys).