Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chopper crash in Afghanistan

Post Thanks / Like

Chopper crash in Afghanistan

Just getting a little upset about the news coverage Im hearing about. They keep talking about the SEAL's that gave their lives, but you dont hear about the Special Force's Soldiers or the Pilot...or the Copilot...or the Crew Chief that were all Army Soldiers. Im not trying to take anything away from the SEAL's but would like the media to cover all the loss of life. The reason Im so upset is not only because Im in the Army, but I have been envolved with the physical recovery of the bodies and it has been the hardest thing Ive ever had to do. By the way there were also some Afghan Nationals and a working Dog that also lost their lives. Please pray for ALL their families, Navy, Army, and Afghan Army. God bless these Fallen Hero's.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyWinner View Post
    Just getting a little upset about the news coverage Im hearing about. They keep talking about the SEAL's that gave their lives, but you dont hear about the Special Force's Soldiers or the Pilot...or the Copilot...or the Crew Chief that were all Army Soldiers. Im not trying to take anything away from the SEAL's but would like the media to cover all the loss of life. The reason Im so upset is not only because Im in the Army, but I have been envolved with the physical recovery of the bodies and it has been the hardest thing Ive ever had to do. By the way there were also some Afghan Nationals and a working Dog that also lost their lives. Please pray for ALL their families, Navy, Army, and Afghan Army. God bless these Fallen Hero's.
    I agree. The media always look to the dramatic instead of from the heart.
    I watched CNN yesterday and the story of the 10 year older who asked his Mother why there was no mention of his father( Pilot of the Chinnok)
    He then wrote into the "Iview" section and uploaded a pic of his father.
    Brought tears to my eyes.
    All I can say to you is how I feel and every time I hear of some serviceman being killed it takes a little piece of my heart with it.
    My Thanks to you for your service to this country.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Amen... and prayers for all of you.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Totally agree, the media on this has been IMHO pretty limited in general as well, it really is sad. Hang in their, our thoughts are with you guys!!
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I saw an interview of the parents this morning of one of the seals and they were amazing people. I appreciate your post soo much as alot of us here at home NEED to know whats happening and how hard you guys are fighting. Come home safely dave and tell your buddies and military partners how much we all love them and respect them!
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing