Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
As far the AEM... the only difference in the '14 to '15 that I saw is the ECU plug in which can be overcome by not using the plug and play harness... mechanically the engines are the same in the mind of the ECU... we were actually going to do this on my car but received the ECU too late... would have meant "de-wiring" the Ford ECU and harness out of the car... unfortunately I FULLY INTEGRATED the harness and it would have been a mess to go back and pull that all out given the time I had left. - I would do some research as was suggested...and then decide... but the sensors are the same- only difference is the coil connections changed.. but you an swap the coils out....ask me how I know
I don't remotely claim to have all the answers. But looks like it's a little more complicated than only incompatible connectors. Cams are different, phasers are different, IMRC added to the Gen 2, just to name three. Phasers and IMRC can be locked out if you want to go that way. Just depends on what you want and how much you want to put into it. Especially since AEM doesn't seem to be directly supporting the Gen 2 right now. They better hurry. The Gen 3 crate is supposed to be out sometime in 2018, and it's got a whole bunch more changes. They've been in 2018 Mustangs for some months now.

For a neophyte like me, plug and play with the Ford electronics was the way to go. It works, runs great out of the box, they helped me when I needed it, and when I decided to do a custom tune, there were numerous options. But nothing I would ever attempt on my own. Especially not bolt on twin turbos, even though it's the coolest thing ever.