BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: It's Alive! (Gen 3 retrofits to Gen 2)

Post Thanks / Like

It's Alive! (Gen 3 retrofits to Gen 2)

So, after years of neglect, I am going to finish my coupe this year. For reals, this time.

However, I am wondering if any of the improvements to the Gen 3 coupe are able to be retrofitted to the Gen 2 I have. Since I have been out of touch for about five, uh seven years, then I figure state of the art has improved somewhat.

Also, I imagine that progress has been made on things like electrical power steering and such in that time also. Any other such advances that I should know about?

Thanks,

David

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Gen2 and gen3 are two different animals, and body and frame are not interchangeable. Gen3 has many improvements in rigidity of the frame and a more correct and straight body. As a fellow gen 2 owner you have what you have and you can still make a great car with that. Just look at all the coupes that have been finished so far.
    Of course there are the big break kits, power steering either electric or regular and of course the coyote engine which is a regular fit in the gen 3 but a retro fit ( aluminum panels) in the gen2.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

I will probably stick with my current power plant. I have a Boss 302, 4 bolt main block from Ford Motorsports, steel crank, forged aluminum pistons, all set to make a 347 stroker. Aluminum heads that have been cleaned up for airflow. I doubt there is much more that a Coyote could bring to the table. I expect that setup will put me between 500 and 600 HP.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    EFI would work well on there!
    Boss 302 /347.........drool
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have a stack fuel injection setup from, ummm, I forget the name. But this is what it looks like:

IMG_1746.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    IMG_1748.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MPTech View Post
    Boss 302 /347.........drool
    Well if anyone is interested, I have Mexican short block with an aluminum strengthening grill on the bottom, again, I forget the manufacturer. If anyone is interested and are in the CA area, let me know, I would be willing to let it go for a fair price.

David