Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: IRS Hub

Post Thanks / Like

IRS Hub

My axle nut on my IRS loosened and by the time I caught it, the bearing and the hub need to be replaced. is there a hub that I can get that comes with the correct bolt circle, or will I need to get a t-bird hub and have it redrilled?

Thanks,

Tim

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Use a Mustang IRS Hub, that is the correct pattern.

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you know what years to look for? I asked for one yesterday and the guy came out with one that had the bearing and ABS tone ring already on it, so it was a completely different part.

Thanks,

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    What you would be looking for is a 1999 Mustang Cobra hub. It's the only year that used a 28 spline hub. All subsequent years have the 31 spline which won't work unless you change half shafts as well. All Mustang hubs are 5 x 4.5 bolt circle whereas the Tbird/Lincoln hubs are 5 x 4.25. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Regards,
    Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I didn't know the splines changed. I did finally figure out what the parts shop was showing me was a solid axle hub rather than an IRS hub.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    The hubs we supplied with the complete IRS option are a Ford Racing M-1109-A mustang hub. It has the 5 by 4.5" bolt pattern.

Best regards,
    Brian Zakrzewski
    FFR Tech & Sales