I put my sensor on the collector of my Gas-N pipes. Yes, the angle is below horizontal; and yes, I realize that I have not installed it per manufacturer's instructions. However, in the five years I've been on the forums I have not read a single thread about an O2 sensor failing due to improper installation. I even started a thread (https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...nsor-fail.html) asking if anybody's O2 sensor had failed, and got only one reported failure. So I rolled the dice, and will live with the result.

Incidentally, I ran the sensor wire through the body, up the side of the foot box, and behind the dash. You can just see the O2 connector behind the hinge in the last photo below. There's not enough room between the body and the 2" frame end for the connector, so I removed the pins from an extension wire, threaded it through the gap, and reinstalled the connector. Using the extension kept the individual wires off the edge of the 2" frame (I put some split hose on the end anyway), and gave me easy access to all O2 sensor connections.

John

IMG_4900 by jhsitton, on Flickr

IMG_4738 by jhsitton, on Flickr

IMG_4480 by jhsitton, on Flickr