I've not taken the time to post much over the past 3 days, but I've been busy... The largest chunk of my time has been working on the Electric Power Steering. I was really waiting until I had some headers to put on so that I knew where everything was going to be. So, I received a set of "In Work" headers, more on that later, kind of a secret, and was able to get a good feel for where everything will be.

I purchased the EPowerSteering.com complete kit. Everything new and ready to install. You can also see a thread about it HERE.

I will say that the hardest part of this build is finding the perfect spot for the bracket to mound and keep the steering rod straight through. The challenge comes in that you really can't line it up without cutting the steering rod and you don't want to cut it until you know you have it in the right position. I finally figured out that I could slip mount the bracket onto the 3/4" tube and move it up and down the tube until I was close and then use the actual EPS motor mount and eyeball the steering rod through the center of the bracket. Then it was outside with the cut off wheel.... chop... sparks flying everywhere and a few seconds on the bench grinder and it was done... (I actually cut it about 1/4" longer on the first cut so that I could be sure, then cut a little off at a time until I had it just right) Then once the cutting was completed, I was able to mock it all up and clamp the two halves of the EPS bracket together with some vice grips and then back outside to the welder. Some wire brush and flap wheel clean up and it was time for the POR-15. I did all of this yesterday.

Today, it was a day of focusing on the wiring for the EPS. I literally spent 8 straight hours on it, and a couple out and about looking for some wire. I chose to mount the control box on the F-Panel just above the EPS. Figure it will both be cooled by incoming air as well as look cool to spectators looking in at the engine compartment. The majority of the time was removing my "starter" wire harness, opening it up and running a 10 gauge wire from the starter all the way around to the EPS, stopping in the pedal box to insert the 60 amp fuse. Once that was done, I moved onto the control knob installation. I chose to put it on the very end of my dash, around out of the way in hopes that it will not be bumped, but still easy to adjust if desired. Each and every wire connections was soldered and then covered with heat shrink tubing. I'm not quite done with the wiring just yet as I have the control box to EPS motor wiring to complete. I have some weather pack connectors in the mail and will complete this job just as soon as they arrive. I also need to get the new spline couplings welded onto the steering arms, then I can complete the installation and tighten everything down.

IMG_1659.jpg IMG_2255.JPG IMG_2258.jpg IMG_2260.jpg IMG_2261.JPG IMG_2271.jpg IMG_2276.JPG

Ok, so I teased the headers... All I can say at this time is that I'm working with a very well known header manufacture to build a new header that are going to be specifically for the BluePrint Engines Model H9009 Ford 302 Small Block Aluminum heads. If you look close at the headers in any of the above photos, you can see that these are just tack welded together. I'll be dropping the body on in the near future to check on some of the fitment measurements. That's all I can say for now, but this should be a great new option for anyone with the BluePrint Engine Custom Aluminum Heads on the 302 based engines.

IMG_2251.jpg IMG_2277.JPG BluePrint 302 Heads.jpg