Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
Jay,
Your current Performer RPM Air Gap #7581 has a carb pad height of 5.75" and RPM range of 1,500-6,500.

The Performer RPM #7181 has a pad height of 4.8" and the same 1,500-6,500 RPM range

The Performer #2181 has a pad height of 4.120" and RPM range of idle to 5,500. Given your intended use of the car, complaints concerning low speed drivability as well as the hood clearance issue I think this is the direction I'd go.

Talk to you soon!

Jeff

Jeff - You are THE MAN!!

I have the same setup as Jay with a very tight fit under the Hood and the Body. I also had the really severe bucking at low RPM's with the 7581 and the Holley EFI.
I swapped out the 7581 for the 2181 plus a 1" spacer to get over the top of the distributor and everything is soooo much better.

The car will now cruise along at 5 mph/900 RPM without touching the gas with only very mild surges. Before I would need to speed up and coast to go that slow.
I also don't notice any difference in the top end as the tires still give well before the HP does.

There will be a few dozen tokens of my appreciation in the trunk when my car comes to you for paint.

Thanks!
Richard

Before
EQYff9I9R4u0VBVLlC5D3w.jpg
1F0Suf+uSzqZ3cbzsXZDIg.jpg
After
J+bv%CWRS1S9NwVXYUyFAA.jpg
T%R15xcHSEa9I+PH9Qf8qA.jpg