Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chuckwalla Raceway Oct 1-2

Post Thanks / Like

Chuckwalla Raceway Oct 1-2

Let me know if anyone wants to meet out at Chuckwalla in Palm Springs on Saturday Oct 1st. Star Cars still has openings and the hotels are cheap right now in Palm Springs. 10 day forecast says its will be in the 90's which is tolerable on the track.

http://www.starcarsports.com/events

Got any Le Car parts?
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe....and FYI

Let me see if I can jump on this. I've got to clear it with the house social committee so call me a definite maybe. However, I don't know if you've been out there but it is over 70 miles away from Palm Springs Eastbound on the 10. It is a bit nearer to Indio at 50 miles and lodging might even be cheaper there. If you have any known weak spots in your car, bring a spare. When I was there last, a guy was done for the day after frying a drive belt. The parts run and repair took the majority of the day. I'll let you know if I can join in as soon as I know.
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    I rented a car trailer from uhaul ($47) and I am going to tow it out there on Friday and stay in palm springs that evening. It should make things easier for an early start on Saturday morning..

Would be great to have a couple of cars out there as I am sure they will accommodate us and group the cobras together

Got any Le Car parts?
    Post Thanks / Like

Next time?

Sorry mem, looks like it might a little warm for my tastes. I'll catch you next time though. Have a great time.
    Anthony

Got any Le Car parts?
    Post Thanks / Like

So?????????

Mem, I'm very interested in how you made out and what you thought of the track...do tell!
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent track and more importantly a good group of guys who were helpful in everything from finding the proper apex in the corners to lending ramps and tools if anyone needed them. there were only ten of us out there from star cars sports which also made things easier on this rookie racer. It is exactly 3hrs from north san diego which is the same as willow springs and the trailer from uhaul was only $40 per day.

I am now considering stepping it up a bit and purchasing a used Porsche gt3 for the track as it took me 3 days to recover from wrestling with my mkII around the track for 6 hrs. Make no mistake the cobra commanded respect on the track in a vintage racer sort of way, but the guys in the newer cars built for racing executed turns that were not capable in that mkII.

Then again it could have and most likely was the driver....

Got any Le Car parts?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever scaled your car? Does it have power steering? A little time and effort will make it much more fun than a car that is not dialed in. Having said that, a GT3 is a very cool car and would be a real screamer. Can I get a ride?
    Anthony