Well everytime I move forward I discover a new little tool or product that helps in the progression of the build. Here is a small kit that I took a chance on and VERY glad I did. In building my own paint booth within the garage I have nibs on the top areas of the parts that were downwind of the initially painted parts. Not a big deal ($100CDN, worth the investment) however if you want that smooth look and you don't want to oversand any one area. This little kit allows you flatten those nibs and not create a hollow where the nib is in the clear or oversand around the nib or even small fish eye. It allows you to stay flat over the nib to knock it down. Works great for all those nuisance areas and allows you to have a uniform smooth surface when you go ahead and do your 1500 to smoothen the clear and then the subsequent 2000, 3000 and 5000 before the compounding and polishing. I did learn yesterday that I should not go any less than 1500 grit otherwise it takes more effort to blend it.
20190712_201136.jpg 20190712_201130.jpg 20190712_201121.jpg 20190712_201118.jpg
It has a variety of grits from 1000 to 3000 which allows you to use it to touch up paint and blend it back once your on the road and need to do something during the winter months!
PS. Not promoting 3M products however in the case of this kit, and using the Trizact sanding discs, I can tell you its well worth the extra expense as it does produce a more consistent and even surface than the less expensive discs that are a third of the cost, in my opinion.