FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  83

Thread: Bruces Chopped 35

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Started working on the rear roll pan and tailgate. One thing that bugged me was the roll pan being inset of the quarter panels which leaves a lip between the two. On a normal auto these panels would be flush with a seam in between them. I clamped everything together and taped the line where they met. Cut the roll pan down and then built lip on back side so after bolting together they will be flush. (with a little grinding and filling). After I get the seams set and gaps right I will countersink studs on the quarter panels to bolt the roll pan to them. Quite a bit of work but what the heck. One day at a time. I think I'm going to mount the tailgate as normal but with hidden latches so I don't have chains and so forth. After looking at it I think I like the standard look as opposed to molding everything together. After I get that all set I will cut down the roll pan to bed level and build a lip that goes over the bed. Also will build an upright pillar on both sides that fills in the gaps and gives a position for latch that is sturdy enough. Tomorrow is another day...
    Attached Images Attached Images