FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: A BIG THANKS to (Papa) and (You) the forum members too!

Post Thanks / Like

A BIG THANKS to (Papa) and (You) the forum members too!

I wanted to take a moment and give big THANK YOU and shoutout to Dave (Papa) for meeting with me yesterday. Dave, what can I say...

Well, let me start with - Thanks! Thanks for taking time away from your daily schedule of life's-to-do's and spending a couple hours with me. Not only was I a complete stranger, but you invited me to your home and under our lingering pandemic stuff too. And not to forget the first lingering snow & cold that awaits us in a couple days. As preparation is needed for that initial storm can catch us off guard and it seems there's never enough time. I also thank you for your; hospitality, honesty, guidance and detailed explanation on the numerous questions that I asked. I really do appreciate that!

And... I know you didn't have to, but offering to take me for a ride in your beautiful roadster was just so awesome! When you turned over that key and fired up all those ponies - DAMN! Standing there I was blown away by the sound hitting my chest, my heart pumping with excitement, the exhilaration of neurons in my brain racing, firing to keep sync and quite simply, trying to keep up and process the incredible experience that is about to happen.

You see, this was to be my very first time riding in a cobra replica and it couldn't have been more perfect! A bluebird Colorado sky, beautiful blue cobra, riding shotgun with builder, smiling all the way - PRICELESS! It was an experience I will never forget. It was everything I dreamed it would be and so much more. It was quite simply - BADASP!

Dave, it was quite the honor and no doubt a pleasure to meet you and see a completed roadster build up close. You did an absolutely outstanding job and it clearly shows that you have one beautiful F5 Roadster! I can only hope to make mine just as nice.

Dave, the only thing that outshined evey moment was/is your sincere friendliness! You're very kind and helpful in the forum and in person too. Every friend or mentor could wish to have someone like you in their lives! I wish you and your family all the best in life! I hope we can get together again in the future? And perhaps we'll get to see another build from you?

And lastly while I'm here; you know, you read and hear about the camaraderie and family feeling amongst those who are in the Factory Five Family, but to live the experience and prove it as correct as it is said, it just validates that you all on the forum are just so wonderful and genuine. I've purchased parts from (RBachman, lgordon & hacksaw84) and they ship the parts before getting my check, again showing the character that you seldom find. I think the entire experience is summed up as - Family Trust! And so I'm so very grateful each of you. To have the chance to learn from master builders and the vast knowledge that is shared as well, I can't thank you all enough! I consider myself very fortunate to be in such great company, so - Thank You All!

Forever grateful...
    Dj
    Last edited by ydousurf; 09-06-2020 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added other members to the note further confirmation that this is a family and I'm proud to be a part of it!

2. Thanks Jetfuel, Papa thanked for this post
    Likes BEAR-AvHistory, timmil, Papa, Kmcallahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dj,

It was a pleasure to meet you and I'm glad I left a lasting impression. I got a real kick out of seeing how exited you were when we were getting ready to head out for a ride. Oh, and on a similar note, I took my wife out to get some curb-side delivery in the M550i last night and demonstrated the launch control feature for her. She literally squealed like to teenage girl when I let off the brake and launched us to 60 mph in under four seconds.

I've met so many cool people since setting off down this FFR path. Let's hope next year gets us a little closer to normal and we can all get out and have some fun with our families and friends.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

4. Thanks ydousurf thanked for this post
    Likes ydousurf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh snap I made the list!

Hope you got some extra motivation from Dave. Keep after it and you can be the guy giving a ride to the person in your shoes.

Michael
    Michael aka @my_cobra_build on Instagram
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Base MK IV Roadster with several options. Body is Lamborghini Grigio Lynx w/ Audi Vesuvius Gray stripes. 25th Anniversary FFR wheels. Seats and interior by Intatrim.
    Gen1 Coyote w/ Comp Cams & Cobrajet manifold. Tremec TKO 600 w/ a midshift kit. 2015 IRS w/ 3.73 Torsen diff. FFR Headers, Gas N Pipes, Power steering & power brakes.

6. Likes ydousurf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Dave, I was quite literally standing beside myself for sure! It brought me back to a time when I was young and saw a CS Cobra for the first time in my life. I'm not totally sure, but I think an F5 build is not only what the doctor should be prescribing, but I believe that somewhere in it all, a person discovers the fountain of youth? I know it's having a very positive and profound affect on me. I guess maybe an apple a day and some wrench'n on the F5 build will keep em away. I'm feeling vibrant and gives a person some honest hope to maintain sanity in a world gone crazy. Oh, so if my Doc calls, tell em "I'm on life support in the garage!"

As for that take-off (launch) feature in the M550i, I'm sure that's gotta be something to experience?! I picture the lovely wife laughing and you two having lots of fun being propelled into the future... And you'll have to get some clever custom plates for it? It's an absolutely gorgeous and beautiful machine!

May safe roads find you wherever you travel... And thanks again for everything!
    Dj

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Michael, you did! And I so can't wait to graduate and represent F5 to share in my experience, as to help others justvas they have helped me. To pass on what you have learned, so says Yoda! I appreciate you and all the others of whom I have spoken with directly. The the integrity of one's character just shines on through! Clearly, this is such a great bunch of people out here that is no doubt family.

Also, I meant to add (Derald Rice) to the list as well. Derald reached out to offer me help and guidance too. I haven't forgotten about you Derald, you're next on my list to see your beautiful build.

Again, a blanket (THANK YOU) to everyone out here, since I'm sure I'll be referencing more names and thanks in my build log, for which I should have up very soon.
    Dj
    Last edited by ydousurf; 09-07-2020 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Spelling / punctuation

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    DJ,

Your recent experience is exactly what we all experienced when we joined the Factory Five Racing Family, or maybe the word cult would be a better word to describe us.
    The journey you will soon embark on will be fun, frustrating, fantastic and a pain in many body parts; but for those who complete the journey truly find it to be an amazing one.
    We all look forward to seeing your build and seeing it completed.

Dave Smith Said It Best:
    https://youtu.be/oFVZr3YYVb0

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 09-07-2020 at 08:34 AM.

10. Likes ydousurf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Steve, I didn't fully "get-it" or understand the F5 Family love at first. But like Dave (Papa) said when we were talking... "Who sends you merchandise & parts via the mail before receiving the payment? I mean, who does that? Well, Factory Five Forum Members do that!" I could only shake my head up and down and agree, since I've have experienced that with each of those I listed above. And not to forget the many times I see the pay-it-forward as well, for which I hope I can do with some of my extra parts that I don't use. Experiencing it first hand just validated what has been said all along.

And I've seen Dave Smith's video several times and I can verify that everything is true! If there is such a thing as a positive force in the universe, then it arose from the F5LOVE.

As for my build, I'm not very far along, but I can't wait to post it and will soon. I did show (Papa) my (RT-Russ Thompson) drop-trunk mod and I don't think I've seen one out here the way I did mine and I'm really happy in how it turned out. It gave me a boost after hitting a road block with the wheel studs.

Anyway, thanks for the kinds words and I hope to represent like you and the rest of the members do too!

Dj
    Last edited by ydousurf; 09-07-2020 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Spelling / punctuation