Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  163
Likes Likes:  212

Thread: Jesse builds a Cobra #10,008 - Full of hot air

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I got home from work Friday I had a surprise. The rear brakes I ordered from Gordon Levy arrived. Interestingly the brakes from FFR that were ordered a month earlier are still MIA.

The FFR offering is a single piston with an integrated parking brake. As it turns out my 17" wheels were a touch too small for those so I am using these instead, they are 4 piston on the same 12.19" rotor with an shoe for a parking brake. I had to remove the axles to get the shoe assy on. I then refitted everything and adjusted the shoe to the rotor. I figured out after that this actually would have been a lot easier off the car. Just put the rotor on the bench then adjust the nut most of the way and finish the last few turns on the car. That's not what I did but what I would do if I was to do it again. The rotor had to come on and off a lot the way I did it.

After getting it set the way I wanted I measured the gap so I could pre set the second one and make life a bit easier.

I have it so the shoe contacts the rotor and stops about 1/3 of the actuator travel while pulling it by hand. I may have to fine tune it later but it's close and I might get lucky. If not I will have to take the rotors back off but only once.

Last edited by Blitzboy54; 03-28-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    Build 1 MK4 #10008 - Delivered 03/03/21, Graduated 7/20/22 - Sold 6/6/24
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Build 2 MK4 - Ordered 6/5/24