Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: yoga mat placement

Post Thanks / Like

yoga mat placement

anybody have pictures and measurements where to put yoga mats thanks
    Last edited by bow2091; 03-25-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what I did for yoga mats under the front fenders. The rear fenders have aluminum wheel wells so they don't need protection.

818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    what for adhesive did you use and is that the old front end thanks i would like to see the new style

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this to prevent rock chips and debris from damaging everything?

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah they say it does a great job

Post Thanks / Like
    Bow2091, the pic is of one of the old front fenders, but I did the same when I upgraded to the new front fenders, lights, etc. Just cover the area that is above the tire.

The reason? Tires throw pebbles up against the fender with enough force to cause a star-like crack in the paint. I found this problem with the FFR roadster I built and other roadster guys have also. Some roadster builders say that adding several coats of bedliner or undercoating will prevent the star cracks, but I still got a couple of star cracks, so I wanted more protection. I looked for closed-cell foam but all I could find was in large rolls, so I bought a yoga mat which was big enough for the front fenders and only about $10. The 818 has similar fiberglass front fenders, so I used yoga mat again on my 818 build. Adhesive? I use undercoating but you could also use silicone sealant, upholstery adhesive or contact cement.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).