BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any 818S or 818C near Burbank CA. Driving or in progress?

Post Thanks / Like

Any 818S or 818C near Burbank CA. Driving or in progress?

Thanks for the add. First post... I just found the 818 and really liking the idea to convert one to electric. I have watched tons of videos, but I am worried I may not fit. I am 6'4" and one video I watched for the 818c had a driver my size and he said he barely fit. I will likely never wear a helmet as I want a daily driver and fun car. I am also open to the 818S and curious if I would fit with the top down & up. Also being tall would my eyeline be at the top of window frame?

With an e conversion maybe I have more room to mod the seat position?

Any chance there is one I can try on being built in or around Los Angeles. I am in Burbank CA.

Fingers crossed I have a chance at fitting.

Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    I already sent you a note. Mine is in Orange County right now if you are interested in it. PERFECT candidate for electric. I might buy it back from you once you are done if you do this! I'm a Tesla guy and love the eCars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and I'm 6'3". I slouch slightly but fit and I tracked mine and street drove it. I'm like 215 lbs. fyi so slimmer but not a stick and less flexible as I get older.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 6'4", i fit okay. the windshield is annoyingly low. I also modified the roll bar to make it high enough to be able to actually keep my head off the ground in a rollover. the windshield isn't structural, so a proper broomstick test should be from teh roll bar to some support forward of the windshield (you could make an argument over how far forward of the car will be where the car rests in a rollover).

Post Thanks / Like
    oh, and if you happen to be in the bay area, you could come check out my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have vague memories of someone doing an all electric 818 several years ago - or maybe it was just a 60's flashback? Did you do a Google search of this and the other forums? It was so far out of my areas of interest back then that I didn't save a reference.
    Keith HR #894