After digging in a bit more, I realized that connectors are typically ID'ed on their female ends. The male ends (as shown above) typically have no markings. I've since come to realize that the wiring throughout the dash and RF harness is a total mishmash of different brands of connectors, and that each "system" has it's own associated (expensive) crimper. So, trying to tie into these various connectors would be a very expensive proposition.

I would like to clean up some of the dash wiring by shortening leads, consolidating leads into fewer connectors, etc. In order to do that, I'd need to select a connector type to commit to. I already have the tools to crimp WeatherPaks for larger power connections and anything exposed to the elements, so the Molex Mini Fit line of connectors seems like a good middle-ground behind-the-dash connector family. They'll handle wire from 16-28 AWG and up to 13A of current. I have a "starter kit" (assorted connectors and pins) and crimper on the way. Hopefully a little clean-up will help sort out that rats nest behind the dash a little bit.