FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dead Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Dead Pedal

So my GTM decided it was going to be a hard start. It almost seemed like the battery was dead or dying with how it started; at first nothing and then a slow crank to life. It never did that before. When it did finally start, I had no pedal. I could put it to the floor and nothing would happen… no increase in RPM’s… nothing.

I shut it off and restarted it. Although it started without a problem, there was still no throttle. I disconnected the negative terminal of the battery for an out 30 seconds and then reconnected it. I had my throttle back!

I just wanted to post this for anyone that might have a similar situation and to see if anyone had any ideas how long I have before the electronic throttle decides to call it quits for good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Couple questions:

1. What ECU are you running?

2. How long had the car been sitting since the last start?

There is a failsafe in both the pedal and the throttle body. I believe its two opposing 0-5V output signals reading from each. If either of these don't correlate (basically if you hold the pedal at 50% there are two signals from the pedal that must align with each other to confirm that yes, you want 50% throttle, same at the throttle body). If they don't correlate, then you will get what you describe. Not sure what would cause it and why a battery reset would fix it, but glad that worked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Couple questions:

1. What ECU are you running?

2. How long had the car been sitting since the last start?

There is a failsafe in both the pedal and the throttle body. I believe its two opposing 0-5V output signals reading from each. If either of these don't correlate (basically if you hold the pedal at 50% there are two signals from the pedal that must align with each other to confirm that yes, you want 50% throttle, same at the throttle body). If they don't correlate, then you will get what you describe. Not sure what would cause it and why a battery reset would fix it, but glad that worked.
    What he said.

There are numerous safety measures in the DBW system and a low voltage could certainly cause them to kick in. Bottom line is that it is good for everything to keep the battery up and charged. My suggestion would be a smart trickle charger.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup....what they said....probably low battery voltage which means the ECU can't function properly. And make sure you have a heavy ground cable tying the engine block to the chassis.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts