BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  29

Thread: Shakey's Daytona Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey thanks guys! I'm from Mount Vernon, Washington. About an hour north of Seattle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    Hey thanks guys! I'm from Mount Vernon, Washington. About an hour north of Seattle.
    Shakey,

Sounds like a great car. Hope the time flies by. An hour north of Seattle is almost Canada, eh? I was lucky enough to play Semi-ah-moo a number of years ago. Beautiful countryside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the build. I grew up on Whidbey Island...

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a small world. My wife is from Prescott Valley.

Post Thanks / Like

Kit Cart

I have seen a lot of posts about people worried about getting their kit from the Stewart truck into their garage or shop. I am definitely one of those people. Where I live I have about a 50 yard gravel drive that slopes downhill to get to where my shop is. There is about 15 feet of total elevation drop. I been trying to think of how to take delivery of my kit. I decided to build a big cart with some decent size wheels on it and use my riding mower to tow it down the driveway. I figure the Stewart rig could just drop the kit right onto the cart I made and I can use some friends or a couple jacks to lift it off once it is in the shop. Pic below is of the whole setup.

upright20211217_145632.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    I have seen a lot of posts about people worried about getting their kit from the Stewart truck into their garage or shop. I am definitely one of those people. Where I live I have about a 50 yard gravel drive that slopes downhill to get to where my shop is. There is about 15 feet of total elevation drop. I been trying to think of how to take delivery of my kit. I decided to build a big cart with some decent size wheels on it and use my riding mower to tow it down the driveway. I figure the Stewart rig could just drop the kit right onto the cart I made and I can use some friends or a couple jacks to lift it off once it is in the shop. Pic below is of the whole setup.

upright20211217_145632.jpg
    Just in case you have not thought about it. You will want to strap down the frame/body to keep it from sliding off the dolly.
    My Type 65 Coupe: Ordered May 27, 2021. Arrived November 19, 2021.
    I would like to treat my gas pedal as a binary operator. It would be nice to get the cooperation of everyone in front of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Sankey. similar boat here with the delivery. 300 yards of road base driveway and way too small of gate and angle for a direct delivery. I used 4x4 over the rails of my 6x10 trailer. strapped it down and moved it up to the garage. had to get creative on getting it back down to ground level to be placed on jack stands. Little help with the engine hoist and 3 buddies and we got it done. Doug
    Daytona Move small.jpg