BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilwood Brake Reservoir Leaks

Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood Brake Reservoir Leaks

Hi,
    I'm unable to prevent the Wilwood plastic brake tank from slowly leaking brake fluid down the front of my pedal box.
    It leaks at the seam where both tank pieces meet probably due to a poor design.
    I've tried very light heat with torch to melt case joint and various other techniques to no avail.
    Is there a single tank reservoir that I can purchase that is single piece tank (metal or plastic) ?
    Thanks
    Jim Ellis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine did the same until I swapped the clamp for a stainless worm drove hose clamp, so far so good.....
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Super glue it, that is what I did on one.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem and called Wilwood about it. They sent me a new replacement reservoir at no cost and it fixed the leak problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had the same problem. I used some 5 minute apoxy from Home Depot. Take the reservoir off, apply some apoxy. Push back together and twist back and forth to get good seal. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like just about everybody's leak... Mine did, so I ordered a set of CNC. No problems since.
    FFR6682 - received 7/30/08 - MK 3.1 complete kit, Forte built Ford Racing BOSS 427W(475HP/500lbs), TKO600, Power steering, Power Brakes, Hydraulic Clutch, VPM Front/Rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, SAI mod, 13"Front/11.65"Rear Mustang Cobra rotors w/calipers, NITTO NT05s - 255/40R17-Front, 315/35R17-rear,3.55 IRS.
    Visit my Blog: http://crawleyscobra.wordpress.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic, I've put a stainless clamp on, lets see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, if stainless clamp wont hold then it's off to homedepot for some epoxy. Thanks for the help.