Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Dash showoffs!

Post Thanks / Like

Dash showoffs!

Come on everyone - lets see them!

I have tons of ideas, but I would love to see what more people have done. It takes weeks to read a bunch of build threads - but only seconds for you guys to post your showoff picture (or a link to some of your favorites!)

I've seen super simple race car inspired setups, and I've seen SUPER modern setups from custom shops. I'm looking for inspiration, so don't hold back!

I'm installing heat/AC and a head unit, so mine will be tight - but I'd love to see what you all did and what the final appearance look like....

Rian

2. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still in the middle of my build, but this is what I came up with. The speedo is dead center on dash. There will be more added, like turn signal indicators, button in the lower section. My key is on the left of the wheel (Porsche inspired).

Dash5.JPG Dash4.JPG Dash3.JPG

Ted
    Last edited by Ted G; 07-16-2022 at 11:58 AM.
    #10333 Complete Kit, Carbed 427w, TKX, IRS and many other upgrades

• Order Date: September 11, 2021 - 20th Anniversary of 9/11
    • Delivery Day: April 1, 2022 - April Fool's Day
    • First Start and Go-Kart: January 20th, 2023
    • Graduation Date: July 4th, 2023 - Independence Day!!
    • Legal Registration Date: October 4, 2023 - My Birthday!!

Visit my MKIV Build Thread (#10333)

4. Likes rhk118, Papa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking dashes guys, but I think he may be looking for Coupe layouts more than roadster layouts.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

6. Likes Rian_Colorado, Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ted, those custom gauges are...dope...dope is the word I believe! Very nice.

8. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gen 2 Coupe w/ Tilt Steering Column

Quote Originally Posted by Rian_Colorado View Post
    Come on everyone - lets see them!

I have tons of ideas, but I would love to see what more people have done. It takes weeks to read a bunch of build threads - but only seconds for you guys to post your showoff picture (or a link to some of your favorites!)

I've seen super simple race car inspired setups, and I've seen SUPER modern setups from custom shops. I'm looking for inspiration, so don't hold back!

I'm installing heat/AC and a head unit, so mine will be tight - but I'd love to see what you all did and what the final appearance look like....

Rian
    Hey there, I almost went off the rails. I have a Gen 2 Coupe. I wanted a tilt steering column which basically caused me to pretty much throw away the FFR Dashboard.
    The design required a recessed portion to make room for the tilt lever on the column. That of course made me add a couple of gauges (Fuel Pressure and Oil Temperature). Why stop there, i tilted the dashboard up about 25° in order to make the gauges easier to read. The tilt on the dashboard also provided more room behind the dash for AC/Heat Unit and hoses. Attached are some pics of the finished product and a couple of pics during fabrication.

I used 3/16" ABS for the dash and wrapped it with a carbon fiber vinyl wrap. The redesign of the dashboard made it convenient to make a removeable dash cap to allow easy access (relatively speaking) to stuff behind the dash. I cut the FFR supplied dashboard into two pieces and modified the dash shelf to function as a sub structure to support defrost outlets and by using rivnuts gave me something to bolt the dash cap to.

DSC_1616.JPGDSC_1897.JPGDSC_3813.JPGDSC_3821.JPG

10. Likes Skuzzy, Gbeck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

12. Likes Ted G, toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my Gen 3 Coupe finished three seasons ago. Not quite done here. But best picture from the gallery. Missing windshield and door sill plates, among other things. My goal was to preserve the original layout (sort of...) with a move updated sports car look. I ended up no using the kit provided brow piece. Now approaching 5K miles and wouldn't change anything. I used most of the Factory Five aluminum pieces, although made a new gauge cluster piece that tweaked the locations a bit. All fasteners are hidden. The gauge cluster can be removed for access underneath. Made a custom switch panel between the dash and center console. Has fog lights, hazards, HVAC, wiper/washer, heated seat switches, aux power outlets. With custom lit rockers and laser engraved knobs. Digital Guard Dog keyless ignition. Speedhut gauges. Managed to fit in a glovebox and additional HVAC outlets in the center. But it's really tight. Russ Thompson turn signal setup. NRG removable steering wheel mechanism. My local interior shop did the contrasting stitching pieces and I put it all together. Integrated storage bins into both doors with the door cards.

Last edited by edwardb; 07-17-2022 at 07:31 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

14. Likes Gbeck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kept it simple with black vinyl, stick on carbon fibre and exposed socket head screws.

DSC_0243.jpeg

David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

16. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s mine in my Gen2 Coupe. I was going for a GT40 sort of layout, at least as close as my skill level would allow. It’s an aluminum face built on a frame of 1/2” square tubing. It pivots at the bottom allowing very good access to all the stuff behind there.

Untitled by Team Limer, on Flickr

Untitled by Team Limer, on Flickr
    Last edited by Gbeck; 07-18-2022 at 10:43 AM.
    Gen 2 Type 65 Coupe. Gen 2 Coyote. T-bird IRS. 3.55 Torsen diff.
    Find me at "Team Limer" on Facebook
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/750619...7668366966791/
    Rally North America "Team Limer"
    https://www.classy.org/team/464751

18. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a coupe, but here is what I came up with for my roadster dash.
    DSC02873.jpg DSC02861.jpg
    Last edited by Hacksaw84; 07-22-2022 at 08:18 AM.
    Michael aka @my_cobra_build on Instagram
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Base MK IV Roadster with several options. Body is Lamborghini Grigio Lynx w/ Audi Vesuvius Gray stripes. 25th Anniversary FFR wheels. Seats and interior by Intatrim.
    Gen1 Coyote w/ Comp Cams & Cobrajet manifold. Tremec TKO 600 w/ a midshift kit. 2015 IRS w/ 3.73 Torsen diff. FFR Headers, Gas N Pipes, Power steering & power brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    check this guy's build out
    with wood dash and console
    and lots of other cool stuff
    like custom crank style roll up widows

https://vjjfactoryfive.files.wordpre...2997.jpg?w=768

https://vjjfactoryfive.wordpress.com/
    Last edited by jamminj; 07-22-2022 at 08:52 AM. Reason: wrong image

22. Likes toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://vjjfactoryfive.wordpress.com/[/QUOTE]

Cool green. Needs red pinstripe.
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

24. Likes toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rian,
    Here's my custom Gen 3 Coupe Dash that's still in the process of being built.

In the top image, you'll recognize is the FFR supplied dash sheet metal.

The lower image is the beginning of my custom dash. I didn't use the FFR instruments insert and modified the rest of the FFR dash sheet metal. Then I added a custom single 54" wide dash plate, customized with the gauge holes it needed, plus 4 A/C vents from an Audi TT. You can see that I added a 6th small gauge (clock) and added a 4-indicator gauge (NVO New Vintage Multi-Indicator Gauge) between the Tach and Speedo. It's for the turn signal lights, Hi-Low beam indicator and possibly a check engine lights. It's a stealthy all-black, when nothing is being indicated.
    The full width dash panel will be removable for access in a finished car, but it's hoped that that's never necessary.

The bottom image is of a more complete but not yet done dashboard & console. All the gauges and vents are mounted and the switches panel on a custom extended console to dash panel are in place.
    The dashtop will be Charcoal Alcantara covered for minimization of reflections and glare and there will be some added custom trickery, TBD.

Bob