Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 2 questions... Dash instrument measurement and AC provider/brand?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
    In planning my '35 build, I'm sure I'll have many more questions, but, for now, I need these two questions answered.

1. The center dash oval where FF wants the instrument cluster mounted... can someone please provide me the inside measurements of the oval, i.e., width and height in inches?
    2. What brand is the AC system provided by FF (Classic Air, Vintage Air or someone else)?

The reason I'm asking, I deleted the gauge and seat package from my order and I'm going with Dakota Digital. Dakota Digital has many options I want to take advantage of like integration with a climate control module for the AC system, integration with the OBD-II EFI of the Coyote Engine I'll going to install, Cruise control, TPMS system, GPS speedo module, Compass and Temp module, and cooling fan controls.

I've attached a few pictures of some base options. As you can see, I'm trying to determine what will fit within the FF oval.

Thanks Mark
    I used the Dakota digital. Fit perfect.Fit the oval like it was made for it.
    11-17-2020 2.jpg3-27=2-2- 1.jpg3-27-2020 4.jpg

Another option you could look at below. I used these in a Cobra I just built. But I like the other better as it uses a single CAT5 cable for attaching the cluster to the module. These have a ribbon style that connect together. These are Dakota Digital also and have all the gauges built into the tack and speedo.
    5-4-22 3.jpgDakota Digital.JPG
    Last edited by bnelson; 07-30-2022 at 09:50 AM.

2. Thanks mkassab thanked for this post