Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine code PO447; evaporative emission system vent control

Post Thanks / Like

Question Engine code PO447; evaporative emission system vent control

I have my 818 nearly complete but the check engine light stays on. Pulling a code shows the PO447 which is a generic emission code for the recirculation of gas vapors. I have checked all the rubber lines, the electric connections, etc,. and the previous builder installed a new charcoal cannister and can't find whay causes the code. If I delete the code it comes right back. A mechanic friend questioned whether the tank is properly vented and the gas cap sealed. It is the FFR supplied tank and the gas cap fits tight. Any suggestions where to go next? Additionally the prior builder installed an aftermarket turbo and wastegate and as a result I'd like to get a local tuner (Massachusetts) to take a look at the setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had similar codes that kept coming back. I brought my ECU to Matt Miner Transcendental Tuning in RI. He plugged the ECU into an old WRX in the parking lot, plugged in a laptop and permanently eliminated the codes. I’m pretty sure that voodoo was involved. His shop is awesome, his knowledge is extensive and his his dynotunes take advantage of every ounce of possible power.

Post Thanks / Like
    P0447 is an open circuit code for the canister vent valve solenoid. Could be unplugged, a broken wire or a bad solenoid. It could even be a missing vent valve solenoid. If your using a factory Subaru ECM and the original builder didn't install the solenoid because many of the FFR cars don't use one, just the canister, then that could be it.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll look again and see if I am missing any of the components although my first run through I didn't notice anything not connected or missing.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's probably been deleted. Once you verify that, just disable the code with RomRaider.